Friday, November 18, 2016

Fishing With a Super Hero...

The perceptions of a child are always interesting. Mary confessed that as a child she thought one of our friends had a super Hero name. That friend goes by the alias Darwin Mann. He went fishing with us yesterday. We caught 38 catfish. Here's the photos.

I like this photo of Darwin. In the back ground you can see my rod bent with a fish. 

Better than average fish. There was one spot we got in where I bet I caught 10-15 little blue cats that were throw backs. I was fishing to the side of the boat while Cathy and Darwin fished from the front No one else caught a blue cat and as far as the channel cats go there were very few of them undersized. 


Darwin swings one in. 


That's what I look like. We did take a shot at shallow water but no bites. My blog shows us fishing the flats with slip corks this time of year in the past. May be what happens after the front passes. 


Darwin and Cathy with the results. 


That turned into 9 pounds of fillets. We have decided that we need 50+ pounds for the next fish fry. That's how much fish we cooked and it was all eaten and if the no shows that assured us they were coming had arrived we would not have had enough. There is 15 pound of catfish in the freezer now. We have probably eaten less than 5 pound of what we have caught in the last month or so. 

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger