Thursday, November 10, 2016

Here's Some New Mudbelly Creations...

A couple of weeks ago I got busy in a workshop that finely cooled off enough to work in without dripping sweat from the end of my nose in a steady stream.  There are some fresh horses in the mudbelly primitive guitar stable and they are for sale. 


A pretty typical cigar box build. Three strings, I like open E tuning E, B, G# and it's electric. Plays with a slide and neck is extra long so it will play an octave above the 4th and fifth chords. Don't know how I managed this but it is a small box and as you will see with one of the others something entirely different happened. This is for sale $70. I have a demo I'll post on facebook. 


Here is a Red Man Chewing Tobacco Tin made into an electric one string guitar. I like playing the one strings. They are deathly giant sounding with some distortion, delay and reverb. Playing a one string is a bit like a percussion instrument. The strum pattern has to be rhythmic.  


I'll take $40 for this guitar. 


I think this is played best in your lap kind of like a lap steel guitar. It does play with a slide. I have another red man tin, slightly different that I think I will make into a three string that will be held like a conventional guitar. 

I have had these Red Man Tins hanging around for a couple of years and it was my original intent to make them into little 2 watt battery powered amps. Since I have made three amps but only sold one There is not too much demand for these. I'll just use them myself.  


And now the Elvis guitar. Three strings, tuned to E plays with a slide and is electric.  


That tin goes for $13 on ebay. It's official Elvis Presley Enterprises gear. There is some kind of motion or light activated device that plays a snatch of an Elvis song that I had to take out of the tin but I saved it and will include it just to keep it from driving me crazy every time I walk into my guitar room. 


Seems that Elvis made one of these every Christmas and Valentines day. Not sure when he stopped but I would guess that by mid to late 60s It was not so cool anymore. 


Now here is the weird thing about this guitar. The long box and the short neck throws the 12th fret area up around the Kings left ear on the box front. Not what I like but after fooling around for a while I have decided that this thing will make you find new ways to play your tunes. Sometimes your playing gets stuck in a box and to play this rig you have to beat your way out of the box. I'll take $60.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger