Friday, January 13, 2017

Sabine River Trip...

It's that time of the year, yas, yas my old friend the white bass. We made a quick trip over to the Sabine River and even though it's early in the season we hope because of the mild weather the spring run might be starting. We were wrong but we did catch enough for a couple of suppers. 

Cathy fishes on a rainy morning. Rain did let up so we made a nice day bank fishing. Cathy likes to bank fish every now and then instead of the big lake run and gun. 

This was one of the bigger fish we caught. All were males. The big egg laden females are not there yet. Total for the day was 5 fish. Just as well we did not fill up and ice chest I don't know what we would do with them since there is about 50 pounds of catfish in the freezer. 


This is the boat ramp at River Ridge Park and guide service. I am always amazed by these big river sand banks. I bet it takes some doing to keep that boat ramp cleared. 


And this is what supper looked like. That is butter cajun onion cilantro broiled white bass. It was good. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger