Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Pond Fishing...

Winter seems to be intent on turning to spring or maybe even summer. We know it's not that old pesky rumor about global warming about to go around again. We do know as far as secret science such as this  goes that if Trump don't like it we won't have it here. At least that's what a song I heard said and since he don't like it I expect the good fishing we have had out of Pop's pond to last all year instead of slowing down when this little body of water almost dries up during the hot East ,Texas summers. 

Here's photos of folks having fun at the Christmas Cooney gathering, which really happened in January but don't tell anyone. I think Chinamen or some other heathens have their religious holidays at other times than December and we of course don't want to be accidentally lumped in with them .    

Matt holds up a fish while Grayson and Coraline fish. 


Warren wonders how that got on there. 


Chase gives Warren a hand. Note the pocket fisherman. 


Caitlyn claimed this was going to be her last cast. 



Brother in law John puts the pocket fisherman to work. 


Peter scores. I bet he don't have a Texas fishing license. 


I think Sam may have caught the most fish but I will take credit for supplying the tackle and the lure selection. 


Grayson and Warren take a break from all the hot action. 


He won't swim in my belly today. 


I picked up a set of 6 mini rattle trap baits made by the Creme lure Company of Tyler, Tx. Most of the time these fish like a beetle spin but I caught several bream on this little hard bait. 


I'm going fishing again soon as I can. 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're gonna get my husband arrested announcing on the interwebs that he doesn't have a fishing license. ;-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

The least of his worries. At least I did not bring up the immigrant thing...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger