Friday, June 16, 2017

First Swim of the Year...

We took the first swim of the year on Wednesday. Water temps were 85 degrees and Cathy allowed how it was a little cold but the air was warm so things evened out. I think we used to make a big deal about taking the kids swimming and tubing on May 1st each year. Can anybody explain that? 


Here Cathy eases down into the cool water. The yellow thing around her hips is a flotation device we usually use when we stop the boat in the middle of the lake and dive in for a swim. You sit in it and float and we call it the butt floater since it floats your butt. 

Cathy was tired after a week at work and said she did not feel like cleaning  a bunch of fish. I felt like eating fish so we pulled up on a little point and caught 7 catfish and one bream in shallow water. I cleaned and fried them nice and brown with an organic kale salad and home grown tomato as a side. Plenty of hot sauce for me.   

Lake looks good and is up a bit after recent rains. I look to fish and swim some more this weekend. 

As a side note we made a quick trip to Tyler so Cathy could pick up sewing material and the Gander Mountain Sporting Goods store is closing with everything 20-50% off. Kind of an expensive store so $200 fancy camo jacket is still $100 but for low techers like us there are some bargains. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger