Sunday, July 30, 2017

They look hot...

It's the dog days of summer on the lake. We started out with a bit of a breeze but with a faint rumble of a thunder storm off to the north the wind laid and the sweating began in earnest. For the fishing log the total was 16 keepers with a bunch of small throw backs. That's ok because if I consult old fishing reports we were in Europe this time last summer and it was on our return in August that catfishing remain consistently hot till after Christmas.  

As Warren and Coraline sweat Cathy and Matt are focused on fish. 


Don't worry, we took a swim to cool off and headed home to clean and cook the whole catch. We managed to eat at least 3/4 of what we caught and Matt and Warren cleaned up the left over pirate chicken. Coraline ate as much catfish as an adult. There will be a fight over leftovers.

It was not as hot cooking outside as it was on Friday afternoon when I fried only onion rings. I guess the difference was the morning cloud cover kept temps down a bit. For something different as I dumped fried catfish out of the cooker I placed onion slices and Cow horn peppers from the Lufkin Farmers market to steam with the hot fish. Very tasty.  



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger