Monday, July 31, 2017

You Know What They Said About Howlin' Wolf...

They said he could eat 50 bream. I think someone told me that or may be I dreamed it but I did write a short story about how I imagined the incident went and I think it's floating around out there on the internet but I can't find it. Anyway I don't think the Wolf would have much cared if mixed in with those bream or if we call them their true name bluegill were a  few shell crackers, red ears and goggle eyes. All are bream to the Wolf, especially if golden fried. 

I have not tried to eat 50 bream. I know that Corlaine has graduated to man sized fried catfish servings. I'm trying to watch it a little on the eating but today I caught 20 bream. Not enough for a blues man but it was fun.  

They were about 12' deep around bridge pilings in 37' of water. I had wanted to catch white perch on lures but they seemed to have the lock jaw and with some left over earth worms that the grand kids were using these guys were a willing bite.  It was pretty low tech fishing. I used one of those telescoping imitation cane poles you can buy at the sporting goods store.  

That might be a blues man demerit. Using a fake cane pole and only eating 20 bream. 


 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger