Monday, November 13, 2017

Patron Saint of Man Buns...

Well not really but the way it goes when you debate the deconstructionist over health care, gun control and how there is a war going on that the poor can't win I sure don't want to talk about men's hair styles. It does look like a man bun in the photo I made in the little screened in gazebo at church. To me it seemed like this thing  just appeared there but it's a pretty big church and home to a diverse group of people and cultures so it might just be another case of me not really knowing what is going on. The photo is of a statue of St. Jude, the patron saint of lost causes. . 


That just looks like a man bun. It's really some kind of fire coming out his head. I'd wear a man bun if my hair was not going away right there on top because I think my wife likes that kind of thing and we want to do what she likes. A few times I have felt like there was fire coming out of my head so I guess I'll just have to settle for that memory since the man bun a'int happening. 

If we dig into the memories of the early Church and history we know that there was another Judas who betrayed Christ. This caused our Jude, who was also originally Judas to shift the spelling of his name and reportedly become involved with anyone who required help even when things looked most hopeless just to make sure that folks would not confuse him with the other guy. That reputation stuck with him and continues to this day. 

Maybe that's why this Jude looks a little world worn. He's chipped and faded just like we are sometimes but I think he can help us out.   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger