Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Music of the South...

That's way south to you. We saw Los Llaneros at the Dia de Los Muertos Festival and they played the music of Columbia and Argentina. Members were from those countries as well as Panama. 

A little research shows that last May President Trump lifted a ban on the importation of Argentine lemons. This puts USA growers at the mercy of competition from a foreign industry that dwarfs the size of domestic farming. Those that thought we were going to make America great again alerted right away that it was not supposed to be this way. There was nothing sour about this music though and I hope to hear more like it with the advent of increased immigration.    



The harp was a nice melody instrument. I have some Colombian music on CD but it's more Afro Cuba cumbia influenced while I guess you could say there was a more classical European tinge to these sounds. The web site for the band calls it "cowboy music" of the grasslands.  



You can check them out here: 





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger