Sunday, February 25, 2018

I Always Think...

I guess as a parent you will never stop thinking things like this. You know what I'm talking about and I'll use Mary and Ezra as an example because they are right here handy in town and I see them a lot. 

On our Friday trip to Tyler Cathy went to the fabric store for supplies and lucky for me Guitar Center is right next door so I went in and browsed around. As I need another guitar like a hole in the head so I was just looking. I did see one of the staff members with an African beanie, called a nurdu like the guitar player for ZZ Top, Mr. BF Gibbons is often seen wearing. A quick Google shows the going price for these things starting at about $150. I don't need that either.

After listening to a middle age guy testing a guitar by playing Louie Louie I went into the  closed humidity controlled acoustic room. Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a baby buggy being shoved in. I turn around and there is Mary with Ezra with friend Sara, her daughter and Davin. 

Mary grabbed up an acoustic and played. Next up outside Mary makes lots of weird drum sounds on electric drums. She then grabs a keyboard and hammers chords on it. The guy playing Louie Louie does not have a chance. 

That very day I had dropped a horn for Warren off at the repair shop. Word on the street is that Wallace has a trombone already. Morgan has 7 songs to play for me the next time we jam. 

Some times I listen to all this and I say, like a lot of parents do, "Is that my kid playing like that?"

Ezra tries out an electric. Sorry, you folkies in the family should have got to him first. 


Here's a photo of Mary giving drum lessons. I was mainly the one taking but Ezra gets into the act with a little skin drum we bought at the Tyler Zoo one time during someone else's childhood. 


I'm proud of my kids and grandkids. Music is the way to go. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger