Saturday, February 10, 2018

White Bass Fishing Report...

If you follow here you know by now we make a couple trips each spring over to the Sabine River to white bass fish. We do it from the sand bar at River Ridge Campground and Guide Service. The fishing can be hit or miss. When it's on it's on but this day it must still be a little early in the season because our report is zero. 

Cathy sits in a lawn chair to cast. River was visibly rising after the rain of the past few days. That and muddy water are not usually a good combo and will break up the run for a few days but for the day camper fee of $10 they charge for this privately owned area it's a pretty good place to relax. 

If we do manage to coordinate with a good bite you see the white bass arsenal ready to go.    


I did not feel too bad about the dry run as we talked to 4 guys up from La Port for a guided trip. They only managed 5 fish. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger