Sunday, October 21, 2018

Big blue cats...

Cool day on the lake and we spent it floating the pool noodles to see if we could catch a big blue cat feeding up for the winter. 

You do know what we mean when we say floating noodles I hope. Take a kids pool noodle, cut it in several short lengths, tie a drop line with hook and weight and toss it over the side of the boat to float till a fish bites. Kind of like the James McMurtry song where he mentions catching a big old blue cat on a drifting jug line but in our case there are no connotations of meth, automatic weapons or incest. 

Cathy and her brother Matt hold up a fish. We had 7 cats today up to 4 pounds. 

Matt holds up one. When the noodle starts pulling up and down in the water your run the boat up there and using a hook on a stick, snag the line and then net the fish. It's kind of a good old man against beast struggle at the side of the boat. 


We had good bait today. A half dozen or so cast net throws at the boat ramp captured small sunfish, threadfin and gizzard shad. 


Of course some of these guys are swimming in our belly. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger