Saturday, October 13, 2018

Here's Some Music For You...

I ordered a CD by the band Delgres.They are based in Paris and it's not the Paris in Texas. The music is sung in a mix of English and French. A three man group, the guys play resonator guitar, tuba and drums. I figure gotta have something going on with those instruments. 

As I say I don't know what they are saying because of the language differences but they take their name from Louis Delgres who was a mulatto leader that fought the reoccupation of Guadeloupe by Napoleonic France in 1802. This reoccupation would have meant a reinstating of slavery which had been abolished in the time that the British had held the island.. A good source of info on some of the slave revolts of the Caribbean and their influence on French, British and American politics are in books by Ned Sublette. 

So I think that's a good name for a band. Always a good idea to keep in mind those that stuck up for the repressed. Here's one of their newest videos. Tuba, resonator on a boat, can't go wrong. 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger