Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Suzuki Classical Guitar...

My father in law, Bill has a real talent for finding thrift store/pawn shop/garage sale musical instruments. It's usually stuff that's a little bit broken but with a little care can be put in a gigable condition. Here is a Suzuki Classical Guitar Bill picked up for $20. It had a broken tuning key and three strings on it.  

Looks to be made by the Nogoya Suzuki Company in Japan. After WW2 Allied General Headquarters set about restructuring Imperial Japan. According to this run down of the company history found on this WEBSITE The original Suzuki Company, the origins of which date to the 1880s was split into Nogoya Suzuki Violin Company and Kiso Suzuki Violin Company. Kiso went bankrupt in 1987 and Nogoya stopped making guitars in 1989. They still make violins. Safe to date this to pre 1989 but I could find no other info on model 6058. There are some numbers inside on the neck heel but they don't seem to match any recognized serial number dating sequence.  


Nice headstock. 


It's been played as the wear on the fingerboard shows. 


I don't have any real expensive guitars but I am always impressed by how shiny Gibson guitars display in the music store so I bought some Gibson brand polish. That's what I used here. Top of the guitar shows honest wear like it was played in place that matter like a home, the beach, or around a campfire.  


More honest wear on the back. 


Besides a new set of strings here is the part I did. I put on a fancy set of gold tuners to replace the chrome broken ones. So don't like gold hardware but here I think it blends with the finish. The original tuners were a workman like get the job done kind of thing. 


Singer songwriter Steve Earle has a tune about how everyone told him he would not get far on $37 and a Japanese guitar. This guitar is worth a bit more than that and my wife is sitting in the other room playing the heck out of it as I type this. Bill might better come get it back from her quick. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger