Wednesday, May 01, 2019

AC Jazz Bands Feature The Music of Duke Ellington...

I checked out a very nice concert by the Angelina College Swinging Roadrunner Combo and the AC Big Band last night. The show featured the music of Duke Ellington. The Duke would have been 120 years old on April 29th. 

This group is the AC Swinging Roadrunner Jazz Combo. They are all students {I think} and several also play in the Lufkin Community Band that I am a member of. It was great seeing these young people standing up and taking very nice solos which drew enthusiastic applause from the audience.  

Next group was the AC Big Band. This group is made up of local musicians and faculty members at AC, several that are also members of the Community Band. Again great solos and tight sounds. 


Vocalist for the group was faculty member Nicole Hunt. She also sang at the recent Community Band Concert which featured various soloist. In that show she was accompanied by a sax sextet. 


Both groups are directed by Larry Greer. This was the last event for the semester so you will have to wait till the fall for another concert. The wait will be worth it. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger