Monday, May 20, 2019

NYC...

If you follow us on Facebook or Instagram you know we have been in New York City for the past few days. It was a great trip and I have about 500 photos. Should jump start the blog posting for the summer if the next greatest thing does not come along bigger and better. 

Cathy in Central Park. You can get really lost there. 

The Flatiron Building. 


The purpose of the trip was to celebrate Cathy and her sister Margaret's birthday. Traveling with the girls were their husbands, me and Kevin. 


The Statue of Liberty is a great tour but if planning on the climb to the crown make sure you are in at least average physical conditioning, are not claustrophobic and do not wear a dress because it's a narrow, steep, straight up spiral stairway to the crown.  


Ellis Island was also a stop. For a few bucks you get 30 minutes on a computer to look up relatives that may have come through. I paid the fee even though I knew most of my folks arrived well before this wave of people looking for a better life and was rewarded by getting a hit on one person from the town in Ireland I have traced some of the Wallace clan back to. 


9/11 Memorial. 


Plenty of subway riding and a Broadway play. 


Our attempt at a selfie with the Brooklyn Bridge in the back ground. In the distance you could see many making the trek across the East River maybe just to say they did it. We had walked a lot taking in the life of the big city and we skipped that one.  


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger