Monday, September 09, 2019

Low Cut Connie at Railbird Festival...

Low Cut Connie is a band we saw at Railbird. They come out of Philadelphia and are fronted by piano player Adam Weiner. Elton John calls the band a favorite and they have appeared on Barrack Obama's list of favorite songs. I suggest you put them on your list also. 

If you imagine Jerry Lee Lewis, the Jon Spenser Blues Explosion and the Mountain Goats delivering a baby in a drag bar that might give you an idea of what this band sounds like. It's the kind of full out pounding rock and rhythm band I'd like to get a chance to play bass in one more time before I die.   


Lot of showmanship to go with good musicianship. Good catchey song lyrics and plenty of piano diving. From the looks of some of the videos I watched of Low Cut Connie they always use the piano and bench they used at this gig. I'm guessing special reinforcement.


Of course we take our shirt off. It's rock and roll. 




Rock out to Low Cut Connie. You can be sure I will. 



Heck yeah, lets have another look"


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger