Monday, August 19, 2019

The Blackfoot Gypsies at Railbird Fest...

The last day at the Railbird Festival there were a bunch of big bands playing. There was Gary Clark, a modern blues player. There was St. Paul and the Broken Bones, a soul band doing good works. I once donated to a fund they started to furnish high school students with instruments. There was Tyler Childers, the new Americana music darling and Kentucky native son playing his home ground but seems like even the more serious new country singers like this guy sound like some one I have heard before.

For some reason this day I had trouble tearing myself away from the smallest stage of the festival where all the regional Kentucky and Tennessee  bands were playing. It was here I discovered the Blackfoot Gypsies. I knew of them as in this day and age I had used youtube to scope out all the bands so as not to waste any time and I thought this might be something we would like. It was all that and more. This band was smoking hot.  

The clothes and the double bass drum set brought to mind some scrappy b level rock band of the mid 70s trying to have a little scene. The high pitched vocals and loud guitar seemed Zeppelin like but the twangy blend of the harmony took you to the hills of Tennessee. This little band out of Nashville went all out.  

Great singing and lead guitar.


Bass and vocals good. 


I don't know who writes the songs but they are topical and nicely constructed. 


Cathy tagged them in the photos she took on Instagram and they "liked" the post. 


Don't say there is no good new music and if you say rock is dead, well these guys might just kill you if you go to one of their shows. 


They have some very creative videos but here's someone's cell phone clip from the show we saw. 
 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger