Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Chicago and More...

We are just back from a Chicago trip where we celebrated a birthday, a cousin visit and a whole lot of fun. 

Wallace and Peter chow on German food at the Octoberfest in Cedarburg, Wi. In a addition to the food attractions were a polka band, German singers and dancers and a live glockenspiel performance. No DAG acts need to apply. I noted on the fest website they specified German music only.  


The reason we found ourselves in Cedarburg is because my cousin Julie and husband Charlie live there. Julie is my second cousin, my dad's oldest brother's grand daughter. We have got to hang out maybe two or three times in our lives and this was a fine visit. One of the good things of social media is all the family photos and stories Julie posts so that even though we are separated by miles I feel as if we know each other. Cedarburg is two hours or so north of Chicago, near Milwaukee. 

It's been a year of connecting with cousins, so which of you guys is in line next for a visit? 


Wallace turned two. When you turn two the City of Chicago sends out a tractor and you get to drive it and tear up the street you live on. Only catch is you must promise to have it all fixed by the time the snow melts in the spring. 


Although the cool 50-70 degree temps in the Windy City were a welcome relief from the Fall Texas heat the leaves show no hints of turning color and the neighborhood is quite green with the small front yards of the PK block generally well kept. despite reports of a hotter than normal summer for this area rivers and creeks we noted on our drive to Wisconsin seemed full of rushing water.   

Slide me on the slide, swing me on the swing, see me on the saw. That's an old original song, written by Grandma and Katie that Wallace needs to learn to sing. 


Happy birthday. Be careful talking to Wallace. He probably knows more words than you do. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger