Monday, February 24, 2020

Mardi Gras Galveston...

It's what we do. The whole family likes a Mardi Gras and this year we caught the Krew de Esprit Rosaire Parade. It's Galveston's only Black Krewe and their activity supports Morgan and Holy Family Elementary Schools. 

This was Parker's second Mardi Gras and Ezra's first. 

Cathy did ok on the beads, not hoggish or anything since it was kind of a family oriented thing but she was satisfied. 


You might be thinking about the big New Orleans floats and also thinking that a couple of people have got run over and killed by them this year and of course you know that Carl always finds the most dangerous place to be but this Krewe's floats were pretty modest. 


Speaking of run over Miguel teaches the safe way to pick up beads in the street. 

Parker loves her some beads. 



I know grandma has made it a habit to buy the grandkids worthless junk at events like these. Well maybe not totally worthless. I noted that those plastic trumpets made a sound exactly like that blow for the snake instrument I have around here somewhere. 

When the parade riders saw the two little kids they threw stuffed animals. I think they almost filled that wagon up. 

Of course there were tubas, but not very many. 


Mardi Gras beach buggy island style. 


My Mardi Gras costume consisted in part of a Neville Brothers t shirt I bought at one of their shows at my first Mardi Gras. I think that was about 35 years ago. Cathy wore the goat pants as her costume. Just cause it was a small parade does not mean you can't go all out. 



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger