Sunday, May 24, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend Fishing Report...

Rose, Time, Coraline and Warren paid a visit for a fishing trip this Memorial Day Weekend. Total for the fish log was 32 cats caught from deep water. Ezra also joined his cousins for a day of fishing and swimming. I say a day, we rose at 7 and left the late by noon with a thunderstorm looming.   

Warren is getting to when he has the fishing business down. 

Cathy and Warren probe the depths for dinner. 

Water temps were 79 degrees, a little cool for me but not for some. 


Coraline and Warren swim. 

With the covid 19 thing there seem to have been lots of people out of their ordinary routine but with extra time to spend on the lake. I think I got the next to the last parking spot this holiday weekend with about 4 more boats lined up to launch as I parked. My dad used to say on holiday weekends, "Today's the day they paved the bottom of the lake with beer cans." 

Usually no one is near our fishing spot but today boats were sprinkled across the lake tied up at old dead trees all over. This was the nearest one and from the looks of their bent poles and the fact that everyone was standing up leads me to believe that they were on fish. 


The tub shot. These cats all hit the hot grease. The Saturday night fish fry may be on it's way to becoming an institution around here. 


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger