Friday, April 17, 2020

Read for Recipie...

Another day, more of the same. 24 cats still in shallow water. A bit windy out of the south, made for a good boat lay and the wave action provide the fish with the confidence they were hid as they lurked the shallow water in the middle of the day. Not real swift action but I think we were parked on an "ambush point" so to speak. Things might be kind of slow but there would be a burst of action where we caught 4 or 5 at a time. That's the way my dad fished, locate the boat on a creek bend or some structure and the fish come by eventually, using the contours as a road to dinner time.   '
I think Cathy might have caught the most. I spent some time working on a "shy bite" rig to hook these more finicky biters. I think she benefited from my experiment. 

I forgot the big camera so these are all cell phone photos. The ospreys have become pretty used to us. There was often two at a time on this nest. I think possibly babies or eggs are there.    


Girl and catfish. 


I dusted some fillet strips in Fiesta brand fajita seasoning. It's made in San Antone and I note the label says "a non-irradiated product." That's good to know. I can only assume that if this is not on the label it's well, you know, irradiated. I think  I saw our U.S. Representative, Louie Gomert, on TV saying that eating irradiated foods cures Covid 19. I was something like that but I think maybe neither me or Louie have this quite right.      


Catfish tacos, browned in a pan with cooking spray. Take what Cathy calls "the good tortillas" add fish, a hand full of some kind of cabbage/kale salad mix, purple onion, serrano peppers, cheese, avocado ranch and top with a few dotes of Siracha and call it supper.   


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger