Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Kinda Normal...

Our church friends probably know but we have been retired from playing music at church for about 2 and a half years. We were a bilingual English/Spanish group and other than the occasional special occasion, funeral, wedding, or quinceanera the popular winds for what music was at church had swung to other directions and a mixed language Mass was not as important as it once had been. Things are to each his own these days but this weekend for Pentecost Sunday there was a Confirmation Mass and First Communion for those coming into the Church. 

We were asked to play because we have been involved with the RCIA group through the years so with social distance precautions in mind me, Cathy and Mary formed up, actually rehearsed a bit and pulled out the old music and played songs in English. Well, except for one bilingual tune slipped in at the end. It was fun to back singing and playing again. We have not had that as church has slowly been getting back up to speed in the age of  Covid 19 and hopefully the other regular groups will resume soon.  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger