Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day Weekend Catfish...

The lake was in great shape for fishing this weekend. Maybe a few less at the boat ramp but I still had to park outside the parking area on the entrance road. This photo is looking south down the boat cut. Wish I had a nickel for every time I have made this run. 

With Mary and Miguel both working we had help with the fishing. He's been operating a full grown rig pretty good but he showed up with this and spent a solid hour casting into an old stew pot. That's pretty much how my dad did me. I had been a cane pole fisherman and one day my dad brought home a tiny Zebco rig maybe a bit stouter than this and sat me in the backyard casting in a bucket. That experience has certainly paid off.  


Cathy and Ezra fish. 


We got in a little boogie boarding in the Sam Rayburn surf. Cathy picks up litter in the background. Litter is like smoking and not wearing a mask to prevent Covid 19 spread. Everyone should know by now those things are bad. 


Return to the ramp. 


Total for the day was 18 catfish. A little better size wise than the last couple of trips. The fish may be settling into a deep water summer pattern. It took us about an hour maybe a bit longer to catch these. We cooked them for supper.  



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger