Monday, April 05, 2021

Catfish Spawning on the Bushes...

What we need right now is an inspirational folk singer, a new Victor Borge and another picture of Cathy with a catfish. How about we start with a picture of her and the fried catfish we ate when we got home 

If you notice we are in the same spot as last time and the pattern is wind blowing into willows, buck brush and cypress, casting near the cover with slip corks and J Piggs stink bait. We fished mid afternoon from about one to five pm. Almost all fish were stocky females full of eggs. Water Temps were 65 degrees. The sunny day made it feel good to get a little time in shirtless but I don't think I'm ready to swim. Crowd on the lake for an Easter Sunday afternoon was light.    


Final count for the fishing log was 14 cats. After eating a few we will probably wait a couple of days and cook the rest. After we ate we looked up health benefits of fried catfish. There is not a lot of them but I sure felt good after I ate these. I have a big container I'm about finished with of Louisiana Fish Fry that I opened at the end of August. It claims to be enough for 28-32 pounds of catfish. It's covered 7 months of cooking. That's only about 4.5 pounds a month.  


 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger