Sunday, June 20, 2021

That's What I Get for Bragging...


I been telling everyone about the good bream fishing over at Martin Dies Jr. State Park on B.A. Steinhagen Lake on the Walnut Bend canoe paddling trail. So I make the trip over, about a 45 minute drive from my house and that section of the park is closed for road repair. I talked to another fisherman and he said it's closure is predicted to be several months. 

Heck. With Sam Rayburn at record levels and parks closed to boat launching some of my quiet canoe spots are unavailable to me there also. I always hate it when there are fish out there dying of old age. 

I launched on another paddling trail in different part of the park and not so good on the fishing there. I caught one big bream and a small bass. Fishing was better on our family swim at Ratcliff last week where we caught several bass, bream and I even got a good size catfish up but lost him on one of those noodlie fiberglass fake cane fishing poles.

Maybe the secret was that day I had grandkids beating on the bottom of the canoe with boat paddles. Ok, stand back while I reveal a top secret fishing tactic. Beating on the bottom of the boat attracts the fish, or at least the curious ones which are usually dumber and easier to catch. You should try it. We do it all the time.     


I would have got out on the bank and stretched my legs, it's seems I might be getting a bit stiff after several hours in a canoe these days but this bank in the Big Thicket ecosystem looks like it might be a good place for a Bigfoot encounter. Maybe that's who caught all the bream.  

 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger