Friday, April 01, 2022

Fish Bite in Every Country it Seems...

I had the greatest photos on my camera and the memory card "corrupted" it's self. I'm left with one phone photo but plenty of memories as I had Cathy's old roommate Anne's grandson Sage from Australia and her son Gus (Uncle Gus) from Austin on the boat for a fishing trip yesterday. Later the whole group of Australians which are her son Liam, wife Sabrina (actually from the Netherlands) and kids Maya, Wave and Tala along with Mary, Miguel with Ezra and Luca to joined us for a fish fry.       
Gus looks on as Sage holds up his catch. That's a Bass Pro Shops hat and Jacket. certain things you have to get when you come to the USA. Probably less to explain when he gets home than if he brought back Bucky's gear and much more convenient and usable than if I went to Australia and returned with a kangaroo which are according to first hand reports very tasty.

 Apparently fishing is a big pastime down under and those skills translate well to Sam Rayburn and that includes piloting the boat on and off the trailer. Boats seem to drive the same in Texas as they do in another country. 

As I say I had a couple of good photos of Gus whom I overheard telling his nephew that he knew everything and that knowledge translated well to his total of two catfish for the day which is about as good as I did vs. Cathy on the last trip out. 

We ended the day with 15 fat channel cats caught from 4' of water slip corking.  I think Sage would have preferred lure fishing to catch a bass but with a crowded back at the house hollaring goat we went for the meat. 

The fish fry was good they compared it to a recent visit to Clear Springs restaurant for catfish rating it better. There was the usual local color of grandkids playing in the yard and a donkey walk to visit our next door pasture occupant with carrot snacks.  

Anne just returned from Australia and I hope the rest of the crew's visit to the USA goes well. I'd say it's a fair chance I might get to fish down under sometime.  

  

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger