Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Gone Too Soon...

I was sorry to hear of the passing of Sabine River Brass Band drummer Jason Carriger this past weekend. It was unexpected. Many that knew him better than I have written fine tributes but I write for my own remembrances that though I saw him play and we hung out only a handful of times Jason was the kind of guy that made you feel like a close friend. He made his personal interactions important.  

I made this photo at the 2015 Brass Band BBQ. 

Jason was the funniest guy on social media. He won the internet every time he posted his observances of human nature. 

They always tell you to hold people tight because you never know what will happen. I'm sorry Jason that we never got to develop the tuba-tooth paste idea or we did not get that chance to trade my fresh caught catfish for your home made sausage. 

Ramble on dude. I'll think of you every time I hear a brass band.





 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger