Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Well That Didn't Happen...

About 15 years ago or so a friend living in the big city thought he had a finger on a pulse of society and believed he was detecting an arrhythmia that indicated a coming collapse of all as we know it. 

Another indicator he spotted as he researched his options and made his preparations and calculations that seemed useful was the fish photos of our catches I post on the internets. He decided that if the barbarians were at the gates I would be someone who held them off and survived the onslaught because I was practically living off the land. 

I told him to live off the land I need society to provide good roads so I could drive to the lake, well maintained public parks with sturdy boat launches and governmental authority to ensure clean water that was good fish habitat. 
    
    

My friend is still in the big city, at least I assume so. I have not heard a word in about 6 years. Society has not collapsed but my expectations have remained consistent and I'm still living off the land.  

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger