Sunday, March 05, 2023

Take Soap and Water, Thought I'd Keep it Clean...


 I have often been criticized which is ok because I play tuba, banjo and harmonica and one thing you have to come to grips with is that not everyone wants those sounds in their band or even likes the beautiful dulcet tones they produce and will tell you so. You get used to it. 

Another thing I have been criticized for is that I never take anything out of the pockets of a garment before washing it. The person criticizing me for this happens to be the person who lets me play tuba, banjo and harmonica in her band so I always pledge to do better. I have never been able to fit a tuba or banjo into the wash and harmonicas, which your mouth goes on which is said to have more germs than other parts of the body often tolerates a good washing well. As for electronic devises and important documents their usefulness will be diminished after a washing and not improved at all with drying.

The drying is what I addressed in my Sunday morning on call appliance man role. I happen to own quite a few shirts that are going on 10 years older than some of my children. They are good shirts, domestic manufacture and as a thrift store shopper (I have no way of knowing how old those shirts are) I can tell you that well made clothes last a long time. I was inconvenienced lately when I noticed a few buttons missing but they were missing from some of the oldest shirts and I attributed it to some kind of age related changes. 

Then there was another shirt missing a few, and another and I pulled a nice clean shirt from the closet which had no buttons at all and I said, "something is going on." It was Cathy who pointed out something was going on with the dust trap and that she was fixing to wash her fishing shirt to be ready for upcoming adventures and did not care if it had buttons at all. I decided that if I was going to have suitable photos of her with a catfish to post on family friendly social media sites she probably was going to need buttons.

Apparently a fishing lure had lodged in the dust trap and when the shirt spun in the dryer the buttons caught, my son is an engineer so stand back, I am competent describing the circular mechanical motion with the shirt held in place while it worked it's way through the mechanized button stripping process. Notice I used the word process since that connotates ongoing instead of the word program which means it might end sometime soon which would not have happened without skilled repair. 

  In addition to the repair the stripped buttons were captured by the dust trap and recovered. Fortunately my tuba, banjo and harmonica employer also sews. Maybe I get a few more years out of these shirts.     


      

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger