Friday, September 29, 2023

Fell Off the Pumpkin Truck...

I've worked hard in my life. I've had hot, hard factory jobs. I've done physical therapy rehabilitation of all kinds  including neuro rehab and maximum assist bariatric patients which requires lots of core strength, correct lifting and cueing procedures. I guess I am getting old because yesterday unloading the pumpkin truck for the St. Patrick School pumpkin patch about kicked my tail.      

I say unloaded the truck. I really didn't get close because I worked a little over an hour passing and carrying the 1000 or so pumpkins loaded on an 18 wheeler pulled up in the church parking lot and when I felt like I was getting too hot and called it a day. 

Of course there were some people there like Mary, who worked all night at the hospital and then showed up in scrubs to unload the truck. I remember when I used to be able to do that but it's been a minute. 

I guess I still do pretty good on longer and slower paced projects where there is some built in rest times like the recent project, also at church where I helped move all chairs and tables to set up for the Fiestas Patrias Festival. In that you work a bit loading the trailer and truck, drive across the campus and then unload so there are those brief breaks to recover.  


I do exercise to try to keep in shape. With the hot temps this summer I put my garage gym on hold where I exercised four or 5 days a week in favor of Cathy's water aerobics class in the pool three times a week and it's pretty good work out. Maybe I need to throw on about 30 minutes on the exercise bike afterwards or cut down on the fried catfish. 

The pumpkin truck did not wreck my day. I still went by the tire place and got a flat fixed, practiced the tuba, fixed a left over catfish po-boy for lunch, baby sat Milo a bit, squeezed in a slight nap before  picking the big boys from school, taking them to soccer and then attending the Pregnancy Help Center Banquet. 

Maybe when you do what you can you are working hard enough. 



 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger