Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Living in the Land of Boats...

It was a couple of decades ago when a friend of mine, his favorite candidate had lost an election, and he was positive that the world would descend into lawlessness. He looked around for shelter from the storm and saw that his old buddy Carl was getting all fat and sassy on the catfish he was catching and seemed to be pretty much living off the land. He was considering that option for himself but his worst fears did not come to pass, at least not in his world and he has not had to live off fresh caught catfish and he somehow missed the part about in a lawless world it's probably going to be more like the pioneers of old where wandering around in Indigenous people country trying to catch your supper might have consequences.  

On my retirement and the steady production of grandchildren by my children lead me to believe that there might be overcrowding consequences on these catfishing trips and that I might need a longer boat. Like my friend the worst fears did not come to pass because I was suddenly living off the land. It's the land where two of my kids have purchased boats in the last couple of months. 

Morgan, Ali, Parker and Cullen are the owners of this rig. This photo was made on a day when me and Morgan took a test cruise on Lake Conroe. After some negotiation he bought it and took it home. 

Looking around the dealership pontoons are pretty plush these days as opposed to the two bare bones catfishing rigs I have bought in my life. The fishing chairs in this one are more like a cozy astronaut seat for comfortable interstellar travel that a place to park your butt between trips to the livewell. Looking around the lot it would be possible to spend close to a half mil on a tri-toon with two 350hp motors, 150 gallon gas tank and jet off take. In other words it's peak pontoon right now for those interested.      

90 hp is going to be just fine as are the many other nice features.  

Morgan and Ali have had plans for a boat and have been busy prepping for it. Before purchase they built it's forever home or their property. 


I blogged about Katie, Peter, Wallace and Hamish's boat at this link. Since they live in Chicago it's now stored for the winter.


People ask me about the fishing all the time. I have not done so much this year since I split time on the boat and in the RV. Looks like I'll have to find time in this living off the land of boats life style to go with my kids and grandkids in their boats. 

I won't be buying anymore boats. I'll just be riding. 

 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger