Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Camping at Beavers Bend State Park, Ok...

We spent a very nice cool fall weekend with Morgan, Ali, Parker and Cullen along with their friends Chris and Jessica who live in Oklahoma camping at Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow. I'll remember this place next time I need to head north where the temperatures might be a little more tolerable and the water coming from under the dam and flowing downing the river is always cool.  
There's trout to catch in Beavers Bend. They are hatchery fish, the same as those where we camped in the Great Smoky Mountains this summer but I caught one and they are very tasty. Later on looking at the regulations we might have violated a few stuff like fly fishing only areas, barbless hooks required and so on but it seemed I was doing the same as other people I saw and I considered the trout I caught good size compared to some I saw on stringers. I used Trout Magnet spinners I bought in North Carloina and Magic Bait Eggs which I bought here in Lufkin but people in the camp next to us took a mixed string of bream and trout in worms.   

Lots to do in the park in addition to trails and fishing there is a train ride and horseback tours. The train whistle could easily be heard at camp and Cullen who is out of his mind over trains notified us each time it blew. 

Speaking of camp we were not timely enough with our reservation so we booked at an RV park for the RPod out side the state park and spent all day at the family camp. Not too bad a set up considering it was full hook ups and cheaper than the state park. Tent camping was in designated generous spaces in an open area and though others were near it did not seem crowded. The site was right along the river and there were some good RV sites water front also. Be aware that even camping you do need a parking permit. 


Besides the parking permit requirements Oklahoma seems a bit like Louisiana. You can do what you like as long as you are not hurting anyone. I don't know if they count killing or capturing big foot as hurting anyone.   


 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger