Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Seven Years or So in a Cycle...

Once I was sitting around an old kitchen table, in an old house out on old Press Road in the oldest town in Texas and in the course of discussion someone mentioned that singer/songwriter/poet/rock star/Pulitzer Prize winner Bob Dylan said that every seven years you had been through a total skin shedding and that at the end of this period you were a totally new person. 

Since then Dylan has said and had many things attributed to him and with the advent of the Internets I have never checked the seven year shin shedding theory. There were many quasi metaphysical and false intellectual ideas broached around that kitchen table which all might have had to do with the fact that that particular parcel of land was quite fertile for the growing of Texas Red Dirt Marijuana. Eventually a damper was put on those high minded sessions when one day while no one was home the sheriff came, cut down the crop and left his business card sitting on a stump. The sheriff never came back and regardless of what you think about what Dylan said there was some skin shed over this incident. 

My oka crop has done pretty good this year but I think I can detect some type of 5 year cycle I'm on. Every five years everything I own breaks. I think five years ago it was the septic system and the roof which gave me an opportunity to replace those things while I was still drawing a pay check instead of relying on retirement income. This five year cycle begins with the air conditioner, the hot tube and the lawn mower on the blink. 



Fortunately the air condoner problem was resolved quickly thanks to Felipe of Action Services. The hot tub needs a part and the repair people have required gentle prodding over the last week to come and diagnose the problem and I may have to prod some more to make sure the part is ordered. The lawn mower runs pretty good engine wise and cuts well but something with the steering  makes me look like the guy that cut those crop circles due to the patterns and path required to trim the yard. 

Speaking of crop circles that reminds me that I once heard that a guy, Red Eagle, who lived on out Press Road in the Shawnee Bottoms built landing pads for flying saucers. I don't know if they were ever used but that would be another blog post written after participants in that skin shedding were interviewed.

What do you think Dylan said and what exactly was Red Eagle up to? My kitchen table is not too old and I usually only sit at it while eating but I'll think about these things while relaxing in the hot tub after mowing the yard.   


             

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger