Sunday, September 01, 2024

The Doing Holidays Right Catfish Blog Post...

It was a pretty quiet Labor Day Weekend Saturday on the lake. Not many boats out at all. Our favorite boat ramp was back open after a couple of spring incidents that involved 25 inch rains and Hurricane Beryl but looks like after the flooding and due to fallen and standing dead trees the campground will not be open for months. There was a pretty good chop on the water when we arrived but we motored up the lake to be sheltered and after a good blow it calmed.   

 After a fun live music show yesterday and fishing trip this holiday weekend made me feel that in our retirement, after careers that involved working weekends, holidays, nights and sometimes 24/7 attention we are finally learning how to do holidays right.  
This is our first real catfishing trip since spring though there has been lots of swimming, tubing and beach fishing. For the yearly total we had 17 cats caught in 30' of water suspended just a little off the bottom. We weren't in our usual spot because I saw some guy on the internets said he always fished in sight of the bird nest. We threw back a bucket load of small ones. 


We been catfish hungry and Cathy's eyes were bigger than her appetite because she wanted them all fried and swimming in her belly. I managed to save a couple of packages of the biggest fillets for grilling another day and fried up the rest with hushpuppies and homegrown okra. It was good and there are some left overs. 

Think I'll really get with the holiday and grill ribs tomorrow. 



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger