Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back from Austin...

Gone for a few days at SXSW in Austin. A fun time, saw Gogol Bordello, the namers of this blog and one of Cathy's favorite bands. I have a bunch of pictures, but seems they are not wanting to upload today, maybe later I'll get them up.

Glad to be home, for some reason the city seemed to weigh heavy on me. Maybe it was the crowded music venues full of cig smoke I don't know but I am glad to be home. I needed a little space for some reason after this. A visit to the city has always been a treat for this country boy, bright lights, big happenings, I have always made the best of the Austin, Houston, New Orleans, Dallas circuit, don't take long to get to get to where the action is from here if that's what you want, and it has always been kind of a battery recharger for me, see new things, think about different stuff. Seems I retreated back behind the pine curtain with my tail between my legs this time. Tried of so many people, all lined up and rushing around.

So now it's back to studying. I'm about to get the text books out. Also my tooth that I had repaired a few weeks ago is giving me some problems today. Swollen, I feel like the cartoon character with a sling tied under his jaw. I'll be calling that dentist in Longview when I get to school tomorrow.

Try to get some pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger