Saturday, March 04, 2006

What is that?...

Question I was ask by a 16 year old checker at the grocery in Huntington, Texas today. The item in question was two jars of raw oysters.

I said to her, "Honey you have asked that question to the right feller."

I continued in this vein:

Oysters are the figs of the sea. You don't find them just anywhere. You got to go get them, when you want them they do not come to you. If things aint right, the water, the weather the temperature neither are they. They can both be eaten raw or canned for later. It helps to have a bucket around if either one is involved and are in their freshest state and there is a certain sweetness in that freshes state that makes your baby really like it when you hand feed them to her. They are both a thing that most people just don't think about offhand and are really happy about when a person that knows the in and outs about them shows the secrets.

Did you know you can't just stand in the check out line and talk all you want, even if it is in Huntington, Texas? Well I do now.

Make a trade with an ebay seller today, Katie had bought a couple of the wristbands, they get you in shows in Austin during SXSW, I contacted an ebay person that had tickets to the sold out Matisyahu/Balkan Beatbox show at Stubbs BBQ and offered to trade two Wristbands for four tickets. Cathy really wants to see those two bands. Any way the seller thought it over and went for the deal, they wanted more for the tickets than we had in the wrist bands but will be able to sell them for more as SXSW draws closer. So all are happy.

Katie did the trade, they met at a 7-11.

So that's the plans for spring break, a visit to Austin to see live music and oh yeah, Katie and Travis also.

Check out Matisyahu, Jewish reggae, good positive spiritual music, breaking over to the secular crowd. You heard it here, he's going to be big.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger