Thursday, March 23, 2006

More SXSW pictures...


Couple of more GoGol Bordello pictures, I think they were on a late night talk show of some sort last night, I didn't have to watch, my ears were still ringing from the other day.

Above is Eugene. Here are the girls, Cathy knows their names, I don't, they are really accessible and easy to talk to after a show. As loud as this band is you can hear her pound that bass drum, it is really amazing. Looks kike the same head on the drum since we have been going to the shows, they beat heck out of it and sit on it as the drum is crowd surfed around the audience and everything.

Her is another band from SXSW, a little less high energy, but a pretty complex approach. Left to right the fist guy is playing a xylophone, various drums and he is stomping what delta blues men call a porch board for the bass drum sound. The next guy has keyboards, various percussion and he shares a drum and cymbal with the first guy and is using a really nice mid 60s Fender amp. Next guy is doing guitar and keyboards at the same time. Their songs are kind of weird poems. The group is called Why? Cathy found one of their cds used at Cheapo and bought it.

Stuff like this reminds you to never be afraid, your stuff is as good as anybodies. Put it out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger