Wednesday, April 19, 2006

As we get older...

I meant this web log to be a kind of celebration of getting old. Never have to be young again and make those foolish mistakes, use your experience and wisdom to have more fun than ever before. May be there is a little bit of that spoiled generational attitude, I'm in power now and I'm going to have fun, but I hope I have tried to use that power to do good things too.

As we get get there is something you have to face that might not be as pleasant and might not be fun or pretty at all. That's your friends getting older also. Besides having all this fun I am talking about things can go wrong. I'm talking about your body dude. Health becomes a factor that was not a problem in those young dumb years.

So what brings all this too mind is a few events involving friends this past week. One friend calls Cathy and wants to plan their funeral, pick songs, make sure final wishes are as they should be, a good thing really to be ready, especially if you don't like "How Great Thou Are" or "Just A Closer Walk with Thee" all that much because that is what they will pick if you don't. I don't think the friend is going anywhere right now but these are thoughts to have. Another friend emails, I had my check up, the cancer is still gone. Good news for sure, certainly glad for that, much better than the day they told all that they had cancer. And finely another friend told me yesterday that they were going to be taking some treatments for the next year that was going to make them real sick and that not to expect them to do the things we have been doing together till they got better.

So if I know three people and you know three people and they each know three people it goes on and on, the experiences of this life. Keep them all in thoughts and prayers, because the older you will get...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger