Sunday, April 16, 2006

Things I have screwed up...

May be this could be a regular feature here.

Almost a couple of weeks ago I hitched up to my utility trailer, pulled it up to the barn and did some spring cleaning. In the trailer which is kept under a shed was a tarp I used to cover the junk I hauled to the dump. The trap was just loose in the trailer and in the folds of the tarp was a bird nest. I had the trailer at the back of the property and the tarp on the ground by the time I noticed the nest.

After I finished my chore of hauling off stuff I tried to put the nest back like it was. I don't think momma bird is buying it, she aint sitting anymore, must look wrong to her.

So I screwed this up, and that was a bunch of eggs too. I have been doing some pretty heavy bird and squirrel feeding the past few months (the doves have almost grown too heavy to fly and Cathy has the hummers hovering)) so I just hope there are nests like this one all over my property.

Keep checking in, this won't be the last screw up for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger