Thursday, May 25, 2006

News from Iraq...

You may have read here of my friend Jeremy in Iraq. Well there was an incident this week where Jeremy was stabbed by another GI. Looks like the wounds were not bad, he was taken to a hospital at Camp Anaconda, but is back at FOB Normandy now and is OK. The attacker has been arrested. Glad Jeremy is going to be fine, hope this incident is not related to that bottle of hot sauce I sent. It could not have got there this quick, but I did pay for expedited shipping.

This kind of reminds me of something my friend Waldo once told me about his experiences serving in Viet Nam. He said one of the scarriest things to him was all the American teenagers with automatic weapons.

I also had a short discussion one time with someone about war dead and he advanced the notion that a bunch of those guys have been killed in accidents so they did not really count. I guess they don't count unless you are their momma.

End all war now, bring kids home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger