Friday, July 21, 2006

Word from Lebanon...

As always I hate to get too shrill on the politics here, even when there are events that make me mad because there are so many doing that kind of thing already. I prefer to try to have an experience of some sort, a way that I can know what is going on by reducing the filters it comes through and showing how it affects everyday people.

I often visit a discussion page, (Fender discussion Page, see link on sidebar) and meet a bunch of people from all over there. When the business in Lebanon started a guy living there posted some news with the discussion group about goings on around him. A little back ground I got from his postings, he plays the bass, 18 years old, Catholic dad, Muslim mom, raised Catholic, they can't flee because refugees from the south would take shelter in the vacant house, some bombing nearby with a civilian neighborhood containing no military targets reduced to ashes.

I sent him an email as apparently many on the discussion group did to let him know we cared and here is his reply to me:

"Thank you very much for your email. I also wish the world leaders would read this, but my guess is it wouldn't change a thing. They are doing what they want for a reason, and don't mind killing civilians along the way. But I digress. You guys on the FDP are one of the best group of friends I have. Thank you very much for your kindness and support.From Lebanon
with love,Jeff
P.S.:I always enjoy your posts."

Since there was one day this week that the local paper, The Lufkin Daily News, carried exactly zero stories on the middle east, that is the most current news I can get, something a person like you and me is going through.

Those big wire tapping snoopers have my number I am sure, I have now sent an email to Lebanon and also to my friend Jeremy with the army in Iraq this past week.

Welcome to the world of subversion.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger