Friday, August 18, 2006

More on music...

I recently posted my love of music from the east. You may have read of Cathy's fondness of gyspy influenced music. After all, the gyspy/punk/cabaret/rock band Go Gol Bordello (link at side bar) named this blog. They were a discovery of Cathy's and the international reach of the net has allowed her to find more music like this. It has been a merry chase through this punk rock to Balkan brass bands to bands that make a world music that aint for sissies and more.

This month, if you check page 90 of Rolling Stone magazine you will find this in the review section. The shakers and makers have finely stumbled onto the underground. Cathy either has these cd, has cds by the group or has them on order. I think some of them are actually Americans, I guess the romantic notions of the gyspy will make any one want to jump on the band wagon. Pretty good music either way, good if you are like me, an old guy who has tired of oldies after so many hearings or if you moan there is no good music anymore.

It aint jump jive and swing, but it is some fun. Give it a listen, if it perks you ears it may give a hint to some lost bloodlines you have forgotten.

Look to the east for music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger