Sunday, October 08, 2006

Busy weekend...


Picture from the Panther game last Friday night.





Here is a picture from a church choir rehearsal we held at our house. There was 100% attendance. We served food. There is an upcoming ministries fair and all groups at St. Pat's are taking part in a big concert with each doing a few tunes.
Left to right, Phil, Joanie, Monica, Angela with El Guapo in her lap, Cathy, Mike, Isabelle, Me and Morgan.

I spent the rest of the day yesterday other than this rehearsal time in a disability simulation for a class at school. I donned adherent eye patches with dark glasses to cover them to simulate blindness. I spent the morning at home, I showered, drank coffee, fixed myself a bagel, took a shower (nothing to do with the coffee or bagel) and walked completely around the outside of my home by myself. That evening we went with Mary and boyfriend Jacob to eat sushi in Doches and then we stopped and looked at cds and books at Hastings. Well, they looked.

Sight is a large part of the sushi presentation, so I figure this was as much chance as I could come up with to experience true loss. Later today I will don eye patches again and attempt to play some music to try to experience the difficulties that might have to be overcome there.

Not too bad eating. I did not get my wasabi mixed up like I like it, but I guess that's the point, things won't be perfect. I had a story ready on why I lost sight, but no strangers engaged me. Cathy mentioned one gentleman looking at us sourly, may be he was on to my fakery. I tried to be out of town in Doches so no one knew me.

The paper on this is due Dec. 3rd so I nice to get the actual act out of the way. Writing about it is not a problem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger