Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Changes everywhere out here...

Big road construction project in my area. Just down the road what was formerly paved Texas Farm to Market has been converted back to its previous status as wagon trail. They are coming this way with it. New culverts for all that have drive ways opening on the mail road. This causes me to sin, I covet my neighbors culvert.

Another big change is to a privately owned piece of acreage a half mile from my place on the way into town. Once it was a pretty little spot inhabited by goats, cows and a couple of horses who grazed under tall straight pines that must have been 30 to 50 years old or older. Not a natural forest, but a crop that a far seeing person, now I would think they are dead planted long ago. It has now been logged.

I used to stop every now and then and help the owners catch a goat that had escaped. They were regular folks, not some big company and I bet the money from this sale came in handy. One thing I will miss about those trees is that in the afternoons the western sun was behind them and as you drove down the road at 50 mph it created a daytime strobe like effect as the light shined around the long straight trunks.

Maybe they will put even more goats there, more escapes, more fun. Or may be they will plant again. I won't be around when they are tall enough for sun light strobing next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger