Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Git Wood...

This past weekend people would say what are you doing Monday and Cathy would reply, "We are going to git wood." Git wood, that phrase just kind of rolled off her tongue. Since we were both off Monday and there was a bit of cool in the air it was a good time to stock up.

I guess it kept with the socially responsible early voting that we went to a local lumber company where you can get the cut off blocks from some kind of beam they make for $20 a pickup load. Recycle the throw aways, no trees downed. Lots of good red oak with just a little gum and piss ellum mixed in. I guess you are thinking "tree hugger" and think you know my politics but 23 years of burning wood in this old fire place and 25 years working at a paper mill till the place closed down leaves me not exactly pure in the environmental department.

The stack on the right is the blocks and the stack on the left is what was cut up from downed trees after the hurricaine last year so it is nice seasoned stuff. BTUs baby!

We built a fire Monday night, it was in the 40s and we both get chilly easy. Cathy kept it burning all day and even though it warmed up pretty good with the damp threat of rain last night it felt pretty good.

At this rate we might have to "Git Wood," again before winter is out. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are weenies...I'm afraid you won't be able to make it up to Chicago during the winter time.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chi town is famous for it's hot dogs is it not?

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, Shouldn't that comment be on the droppings post?

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger