Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ministries Fair at St. Pat's...

dLast night at St. Patrick's the ministries Fair, an event to encourage participation in all the ways there are to be a part of the church community opened with a concert of all the various choirs that sing at the Masses each weekend.

One Voice, a CD release occasion for them. If you want one, contact me, $10, money goes to the church.

Some of these folks were the main movers and shakers putting this show together.

Catholic music with a nice East Texas country twist.


Augustin on guitar with Hugo on key boards with their kids choir. The big kids were little when they started in this group, now some of them have guitars. The future, when the rest of us rest in the ground.




Joe Morales. Big voice, writes his own stuff and you have eaten his mammas cooking at Morales Mexican restaurant many times I am sure.
Hugo on keyboards with his adult Saturday Mass Spanish Choir.

Here is Jaime on grand piano, the piece was very classical sounding, don't know if it was an original or not. He has played with us on occasion on guitar.

Here is Jamie's brother Salvadore, good voice and good guitarist with his kids group. Also has an adult group. Here they are.










The picture I took of of Pat Powell's group, a traditional style organ piano choir came out blurry. They sounded great. Likewise, there are no pictures of our group here. The camera was in my pocket while I was playing. I have a nice picture of my keys instead to show for our effort.

The evening ended with all these folks doing a couple of numbers combined. A real full choir area with everyone singing.

I guess I have been at St. Pat's going on 18 years now and have kind of lost count of when I actually started getting involved with the music, I would guess 12-15 of those years. I have played with all these people pictured above in various combinations through these years. It's been a good place to be. Good folks here.

There are booths set up at the church for all the activities available. There is a music booth that combines all the choirs. We even have a cassette of a children's choir we recorded 10 years ago on sale half price with the money going to the building fund. If we sell a few I will kind of know how people like Bob Dylan and Sir Paul McCartney feel when their names get in the news and old product starts to move again.

In other Wallace gigs last night Mary and the Lufkin Panther Band made a First Division at UIL Marching Contest held in Longview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger