Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Killer...

Jerry Lee Lewis has a new CD out. He also has a little white dog. I scanned this picture out of the most recent Rolling Stone magazine, used with permission of course. The music Jerry Lee waxed at Sun records has to be some of the greatest rock ever recorded. I have tried to listen the new psycobilly but it does not even come close. Now I don't encourage folks to be like Jerry Lee and you would certainly not want this man coming over to your house, but I listen to his records and even play some his songs now and then. In fact I even have a little white dog. One time at the New Orleans Jazz Fest me and G.W. stood right on the front row and watched Jerry Lee play. It was pretty much what you expect, fiery music, drunken stage stalking and the destruction of a piano bench. His set finished and with the backing band going off like a North Korean bomb. The Killer perched on the edge of the stage, ripped off his Ray Bans and stared right at us. It was a scary moment. Made us straighten up. Well, really we did not straighten up right that minute. It was some years later, but we did. Thanks, Jerry Lee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger