Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So they got the bomb...

Must be soap box time.

North Korea has the bomb now. You old cold warriors may understand a little more of what I write here so please hang with me and try to see my thoughts on this subject. Nuclear strategy has always fascinated me. I have read a little on the thoughts of men who were prepared to wage nuclear war and it's pretty frightening to think they make these plans that have to do with the deaths of many people like it was a game.

I am not surprised small rouge countries want the bomb. Think back to recent news where the U.S. has mentioned in the press that the possibility of military action against Iran, North Korea, you name the place, is not ruled out. The invasion of Iraq is proof enough to these countries that we back up our actions. No wonder they want to level the playing field.

Think of economies also. You old cold warriors, quick, name all the countries with the bomb. They are doing ok, right, pretty good shape. Now think quick, name all the countries without the bomb. Just kidding about that one, but I am sure this comparison does not escape anyone's notice. That's the worst fear about this situation, that the bomb would be sold to terrorist. That is a sure money maker and when you have problems like North Korea, money comes in handy.

So all that said, in the fine American tradition of speaking your mind, if it was my country I think I'd have a fine beginning to a foreign policy program that could be developed from these few statements above.

Off the soap box. Next please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger