Friday, November 10, 2006

Brushed with the famous...

There is a professor at Kilgore, in the journalism department, as two old guys on that side of the campus we greet each other in the halls as we pass. He has a book of photos out. See it here:
http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/lovwee.html

Mr. Lovett was written up by our local newspaper editor, his friend, and I saw a write up about the book in the student paper. Actually Mr. Lovett has made my picture, or I can't really remember now, directed a student to make my picture. He may have just said, "that guy there." And I was captured by a journalism class and they did one of those quick interviews, they ask some students about a current concern and they publish the results with a few pictures in the paper. The questions are like, "What do you think of the election," and then they give a percent like 40% thought it endangered the homeland, 10% thought the Democrats would scrub their bellies till they were plumb pink and 60% thought it was the equivalent of a powerball lottery. You can see the question I was asked and the picture that Mr. Lovett or his student made in a September 2005 post on this blog. Actually he has made my picture a couple of times if you count PTA club pictures for the annual.

I actually heled Mr. Lovett teach his class one day. In the hall outside the photo and newspaper lab they often have an exhibit of photos by students or whoever and at my lunch time walk I often stop to see if the exhibit has changed. One day when they were hanging new photos I was watching as they went up and Mr. Lovett stepped out of his class to check his students progress. He eyed me and then he eyed his students and said," Spread the nudes out, if you hang them all together people will clog up the hall in that one spot looking at them."

You just never know when you will be able to lend a hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Cool!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger